The focus of A-flex lies in the free formability of furniture and rooms. The system is open for all possibilities and dimensions. By breaking away from the right angle, curved, flowing forms are implemented.
The A-flex modular furniture system convinces with its concealed connection and the possibility of a culture of repair and reuse. The customer can build high-quality and durable furniture in a practical way, just as he wishes.
A-flex furniture can be attached to an A-flex system at any time, even in different depths, see illustration. In addition, you can add or convert the furniture system without seeing the previous connection points of the furniture connectors in the aluminium profile. This means that the system can be used as often as desired for many furniture ideas. The cut edges of the wooden panels are always covered by the edging aluminium profile.
Ecological aspects and sustainability
Promotion of regionalism through planning and local tailoring on site. The usual transport routes (panel manufacturer, furniture producer, point of sale) and packaging materials are significantly reduced through local processing and procurement.
The raw materials used are highly recyclable, since no press-fit parts are used in the wood. All components are reusable and can be shortened without any problems. Shortened wooden parts can be used with a simple template and drilling for the new construction. Promotion of a culture of repairing and redesigning box furniture instead of disposing of these furniture parts.
The handling is quickly understood and easily applied by laymen. Planning aids are available for complex custom-made furniture with A flex.
- Special aluminum profiles
- patent pending steel connectors
- wood-based material or solid boards from 18.5-20 mm
- Feet, ceiling clamps, castors, aluminum supports
- Insert edges for the aluminum profile
- Slide-in inserts with doors, flaps and drawers (also possible from other manufacturers)
Prizes & Awards
- ICONIC AWARDS 2016: Interior Innovation Award Winner. German Design Council
- GOOD DESIGN Award 2015, Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design
- ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2016: Magazine Build
- “Golden Cube” SchreinerWerke 2015. association of carpenters
- International Design Award Baden-Württemberg Focus Open 2015 Silver
Knelldesign The innovative customized furniture system
74206 Bad Wimpfen