Acquire.com, which was rebranded from Microacquire.com, is a startup marketplace for founders looking to buy and sell businesses without borders. In 2022, the startup rebranded itself, adopting the new name after purchasing the domain name Acquire.com for a whopping $200 thousand. While a shorter name is better for branding, they still want the correct Twitter Handle to correct it.
Unfortunately, Elon Musk will not let a single word, marketable username go for such a low price. This is why he counter offered their $20,000 bid with a $250,000 price tag. Likely competing with the price they paid for the domain name.
Who was Microacquire.com?
MicroAcquire was a startup acquisition marketplace that aims to simplify the process of buying and selling small technology businesses.
The platform connects buyers and sellers of businesses valued at under $10 million and provides a streamlined process for deal-making. The company was founded in 2020 by Andrew Gazdecki, an entrepreneur and former CEO of Bizness Apps.
How Acquire.com works
To sell a business on Acquire, you need to create an account on the platform and list your business for sale. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Acquire.com website and click on “Sell Your Business” at the top of the page.
- Enter your email address and create a password to sign up for an account.
- Fill out your business profile, including information about your company, industry, financials, and other relevant details.
- Set a price for your business and describe the terms of the sale.
- Choose whether to list your business publicly or privately. If you list it publicly, your business will be visible to all buyers on the platform. If you list it privately, you can choose which buyers to invite to view your listing.
- Review your listing and submit it for approval.
- Once your listing is approved, interested buyers will contact you through the platform to start the negotiation process.
That’s it! Acquire provides a platform for connecting business buyers and sellers, but it’s up to you to negotiate the terms of the sale and complete the transaction.