Now that your SaaS product is ready to go live, you’re excited to get your customers on-board and steal the show. But have you really thought about the growth-hacking marketing tactics that you should be implementing?
Getting from zero to a million customers is every entrepreneur’s dream. But achieving those goals requires the right execution of a couple of growth hack strategies.
Free trial or demo
With so many SaaS products in the market vying for your prospect’s attention, you need to offer something more to entice more people to buy. People want to know what they’ll be getting before they hand in their money. That’s why offer your users a limited free trial.
Once users get a feel of what your product can do, and how it will benefit them, it’s easier to convert them into paying customers.
According to Voy Media, a top marketing agency for SaaS companies, “Free trials are excellent in demonstrating the value of your product and gain traction without needing an upfront investment. It’s also easier for you to establish trust, and create loyal brand advocates for your products ‒ even before you turn them into a paying customer.”
Early sign-up process
If you want more people to try your SaaS product, then you need to remove as many hurdles as you can along the way and make the sign-up process easy. Remember that asking for your prospect’s credit card information during a free-trial could drive your customers away.
In fact, according to a case study, having a simplified three-step form helps increase your conversions by 30 percent. Hassle-free sign-ups are one of the vital elements in creating a successful SaaS strategy.
Content has always been one of the most important elements in driving organic search results. Educating your viewers with how-to videos, webinars, and other relevant content will not only generate traffic in your site but broadening your reach.
Before people get to actually try your product, it’s vital that you describe what precisely your product is, what it serves, and how it alleviates your prospects’ pain points.
Creating the right content for your target audience helps improve your reach, and builds your customers’ trust.
Paid advertising is one of the best ways to generate leads. In fact, it’s one of the best tactics that will help fuel your business growth.-
Here are a couple of techniques that you need to follow from generating leads through paid advertising:
- Pay-per-click is expensive, and if you want to target keywords that are highly competitive, your cost-per-click is relatively higher which will drain all your PPC budget. So, it’s better to target low-competition keywords and offer prospects downloadable content in exchange for a sign-up.
- Run sponsored ad campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other marketplaces to maximize your sign-ups even if you have a limited budget.
- Run Gmail ads and reach out to people who have received your emails from your competitors. This allows you to reach out to people in which your competitors are already targeting and increases your chances of conversion.
- Run paid ads on Quora. Currently, the competition here is quite low, and the potential for conversion is quite high.
- Do funnel-based marketing campaigns so that your most relevant ads are seen by more users. For instance, a particular user is at the middle stage of the funnel. You can run ads that offer free demos of the product. This increases your chances of conversion as well.
You should have a solid customer service because customers are more likely to switch with your competitors if you have a poor response from your customer service teams
Here are some awesome ways to provide customer support:
- Make your contact information or customer support link easy to find. Instead of serving them automated responses, have live human agents. Live chat is an excellent option as well, but make sure that your chatbots have all the necessary information, otherwise, it will just frustrate your customers.
- Provide a detailed FAQ and tutorials so that users could find information quickly and easily.
- Present multiple support options on every channel the customer might be present, such as your website and social media.
- Hire the right support staff because unprofessional employees can tarnish your reputation.
- Ask customers to review the performance of your support staff. That way, you’ll know the performance of your customer agents.
@@ Social media
Your SaaS company should maintain a strong social media presence. Also, don’t limit yourself in just one or two social media channels. Know who your target audience is, and engage them on the platform that they’re particularly active on.
Apart from focusing your efforts on social media, you also need to regularly post informative, and engaging content. Aside from that, you can also repurpose your mentions on social media as well as reviews, to win over the trust of your audience. Implement referrals
Which do you trust more about a brand or a close friend? For most people, a recommendation from a friend is so much meaningful and convincing. That’s why, you need to implement a referral program to your SaaS business, to drive growth and increase the number of sign-ups.
Famous brands like Uber is handing over a couple of bucks to those who refer to their friends their services. However, if you’re a start-up and have a limited budget, you try Dropbox’s strategy. They offered their customers something of value instead, like free storage for referring their friends. Check out these customer retention techniques.
To Wrap It Up
In the SaaS industry growth hacking is a valuable practice that should be adopted by your marketing team. It’s not just a set of principles that has to be followed. It’s all about refining and innovating.
So, try a couple of these marketing tactics to help you save more time, money, and effort so that you can scale your business, your existing customer base, and revenues.
It’s high time to convert a one-time visitor into a lifetime customer with these extremely effective and powerful growth hacking strategies.